Rise & Fall Logs
School Active Play - School Playground Equipment
Redwood (Pinus sylvestris)
Due to Environmental reasons we choose to use European Redwood. This is one of the hardest softwoods available and is suitable for exterior usage. It has a natural resilience, and the introduction of the preservative Tanalith E helps this timber have a greater life span than some hardwoods - without the negative environmental impact associated with exotic hardwoods.
Redwood timber is fully grown in 50 years. It is also harvested and replanted in 50% of the time that it takes a hardwood tree to reach maturity. All redwood used by Pendlewood is harvested from sustainable forests.
Tanalith E Pressure Treated Timber
The treated timber that Pendlewood supply is pressure treated Tanalith E.
Tanalith E conforms to the efficacy requirements of BS EN 599-1:19997, and is treated in accordance with the penetration and retention guidance given in BS EN 351-1:1996 to give a desired service life in the selected hazard class as defined in BS EN 335-1:11992.
· Low maintenance
· No varnishing or further treatments required
· Long life product
· Eco friendly preservative
· A truly sustainable timber
· All edges rounded for safety
· All surfaces smooth to touch
· No copper chromic arsenic trace elements
Height: all logs are sold in 800mm lengths so optimum installation heights can be chosen and varied by each customer.
- Learning Outside the Classroom
- Natural School Playgrounds
- School Active Play
- School Outdoor Seating and Tables
- School Planters and Sandpits
- School Playground Climbing